Valtra is introducing a unique SmartGlass windscreen with a transparent display for agricultural tractors. The robust and bright display technology, laminated inside the front glass provides an excellent solution to improve the user experience while operating the tractor even in the most demanding operating conditions.
“Tractor drivers need to pay attention to many things while operating the tractor. He or she needs to observe surroundings, watch and control tractor implements, follow work results and be aware of machine status. Valtra SmartGlass with transparent display gives the most important information in an optimal location to improve safety and ergonomics of tractor operation”, says Brandon Montgomery, Platform Director, Product Management, Valtra.
The display can be used to show various different information depending on work task under progress, like machine or engine speed, temperature of engine/hydraulics, position information of front loader, implement height position, fuel/def level, several other machine data and information on ringing mobile phone.
In the future the display will support with some more advanced features specially to improve safety of tractor operations, but also working efficiency and precision:
- Alert of car passing by on road transport
- Alert persons nearby tractor on farm yard
- Alert nearby obstacles during low visibility conditions
- Alert on driving machine to dangerously slope ground
- Other functionalities connected with Agco Fuse technologies, i.e. Field driving guide
- Valtra SmartGlass will be available in N and T Series models as an Unlimited option. The machine data functionality is targeted to be on the market within 12 months. More advanced features are planned to be in the market later in future.