For many UK farmers, the future of agriculture feels uncertain, however for those seeking to identify key opportunities in the UK agricultural landscape, the Norfolk Farming Conference is set to help provide some invaluable insight.
The Conference will be taking place at the John Innes Conference Centre in Norwich on Thursday 7th February and is open to all. It is a unique event for UK farmers, combining industry-leading knowledge from expert speakers, with a progressive forward-thinking agenda that promotes success in a changing industry, say organisers.
Convened by AF (Anglia Farmers) the conference has become well-known in recent years for its diverse and respected programme of speakers. Attendance has rapidly increased each year, as more and more British farmers take advantage of the expertise and practical advice on offer.
The conference focuses on several vital topics for British farmers, including what to expect from agriculture in the near future, trends in commodity markets both inside and outside the UK, and how the next generation of farmers are pushing the industry forward.
- Guy Smith – Conference chairman and Deputy President of the NFU
- Minette Batters – President of the NFU
- Sir John Beddington – Former Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- George Freeman MP – Member of Parliament for Mid Norfolk
- Andrew Saunders – Tulip Agriculture Director and Managing Director of Dalehead Foods
- Jonathan Skinner – Co-founder of Bures Farm Partners, Norfolk based mixed farming business including production of 150,000 free-range turkeys annually
- Sam Steggles – Managing Director of Fielding Cottage, East Anglia provider of goat’s cheese, milk and meat
- George Crane – PhD student at Cambridge investigating the benefits of cover crops and promoting microbial health
- Corey Holmes – Owner of Holmes Farms, a US based farm of over 14,000 acres
The Norfolk Farming Conference will begin at 8:30am on Thursday 7th February for registration and coffee, with the first session beginning at 9:15am.
Tickets are available at www.norfolkfarmingconference.org