Technology Crops is hosting a series of three open days over the coming weeks to demonstrate to farmers, interested in making the most of this speciality crop, exactly how they can gain all of the above and more.
The events will all start at 11.00am and include a visit to a commercial borage crop with the host farmer. Technology Crops’ speciality crops expert agronomist, Simon Meakin will be on hand to demonstrate how to maximise yields and Nigel Padbury, technical sales & marketing manager, will be on hand to discuss the contracts that are available.
How many spring sown crops offer as much as Borage, asks the company?
– Mid to late spring sowing allows for Black-grass control and the crop itself is highly competitive against weeds
– Slugs and pigeons are not a problem
– It is not only bee friendly, it needs pollinators
– Time from sowing to maturity is just over 100 days, so it’s an excellent entry into the subsequent cereal crop
– Opportunities to earn over £1000 per hectare
The date and venues for the days are;
– Tuesday 30th July at Shaftesbury Farm, Lindsey Street, Epping. CM16 6RE
– Thursday 1st August at Furze Hill Farm, Bilsby, Near Alford, Lincs. LN13 9QS
– Wednesday 7th August at Cothill Farm, Duns, Berwickshire. TD10 6YW
11.00 am Start
11.15 am Welcome, Introduction and Commercial Opportunities (NP)
11.30 am Visit to field & Technical/Agronomy Presentation (SM)
12.30 am BBQ Lunch
14.00 pm depart
Further information can be obtained by contacting Technology Crops on Tel: 01376 333888