Experienced Agricultural Service Technician – Yorkshire
We’re a long-established, family-run agricultural machinery dealer based in North Yorkshire, employing around 60 talented individuals. We’re looking to recruit a meticulous and self-motivated Service Technician to join us at our Riccall depot (between York and Selby). Daily duties include servicing, repairing, fault-finding and diagnostics both from our well-equipped workshop and on site. The successful applicant will preferably have more than 4 years of technical experience working with agricultural machinery. We also welcome applications from technicians who have worked on similar equipment with transferable skills, providing the applicant is able to deliver quality workmanship and adaptable enough to learn. So if you don’t currently have agricultural experience but have a thorough understanding of engines, hydraulics and other mechanical applications we’d love to hear from you.
Essential Skills, Duties & Qualifications:
- The ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following approved technical procedures
- Complete all reports and administration required to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean work station and assist with overall workshop organization
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Participate in online and classroom-based training required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Perform diagnostics and repairs in the field as required
- Perform pre-delivery set up on new or used equipment
- Support Manufacturers’ Service Specialists when required
- Ability to mentor apprentices
- Ability to use standard computer applications and internet functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to work extended hours (seasonal) and weekends
- Ability to complete online & classroom-based training
In return we offer a competitive rate of pay which will be determined by experience along with additional benefits including a workplace pension and access to childcare vouchers*.
* Eligibility to join scheme will depend on personal circumstances, but we are happy to facilitate wherever possible.
If you’re interested in becoming part of our team, please email your CV to [email protected] along with a brief covering letter or email stating your interest in the role and why you feel that you’d be suitable.