Job Opportunities at Farmers Guide
Early Bird Farming Publications is recruiting an editor for the leading farming magazine, Farmers Guide.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an great business at an exciting time, which is seeing growth and new opportunities opening on a regular basis.
The Editor will be responsible for the production, design, content and direction of the magazine, working with the relevant teams to ensure a high quality product is produced on time.
Working with the sales team, management and production, the Editor will plan the content of the publication for the coming issues based on the agricultural calendar and commercial requirements.
The magazine is divided by section, including arable, machinery, livestock and the UK’s largest agricultural classified section. The Editor will oversee these in terms of editorial, working with relevant team members and freelancers.
Farmers Guide is created by a small team, which includes advertising sales, editorial and even our own inhouse studio.
- Total responsibility of the content in the magazine
- Working with the editorial team to create content
- Writing content
- Editing and overseeing the subbing of incoming copy and press releases
- Planning features in advance
- Edit copy on screen with InCopy or InDesign
- Work to editorial/advertising ratios set by management
- Layout the magazine
- Write online news, features and SEO content
- Work with our inhouse studio to create the finished publication
- Represent the magazine through various events and launches
- Experience in editing a magazine
- Full driving licence (we have branded Land Rovers)
- Agricultural knowledge
- Ability to manage editorial and freelance staff
- Knowledge in MS office
- Ability to use Adobe products
- Ability to work with various departments
To apply, email [email protected]
Have your say as Production Editor of Farmers Guide
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Editor to join our team and drive Farmers Guide in to the future of farming
Early Bird Farming Publications Ltd is a highly successful agricultural publisher based in Ipswich, celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Farmers Guide magazine.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Editor to join our team.
You will be responsible for;
- Processing and editing client PR copy.
- On completion of stories; estimate page space required for each article.
- Organise editorial content for our in-house studio design.
- Plan lead stories for the magazine.
- Estimate size of magazine and layout flat-planned features as per the schedule.
- Read and correct designed pages and make changes on InCopy.
- Final page proofs checked and changes made alongside studio manager.
- Create a list of articles appearing in the magazine for uploading to our website by the Digital department.
- Create edit and supply pictures for the monthly Newsletter.
- Select and upload news stories to the Farmers Guide website daily.
Your previous experience will be essential for the role, we are looking for;
- Previous experience in a Production Editor role.
- Management of freelancers.
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently.
- Good IT knowledge, use of MS office packages.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good communication skills for working with internal teams to ensure smooth running of production process.
- Able to work well with sales to ensure timely features on a commercial basis.
- Exposure or interest in agriculture would be desirable but not essential.
If you fee you have the relevant experience please contact Greg at Farmers Guide – [email protected]
Are you enthusiastic and energetic and looking for the opportunity to work in a growing media business?
Due to the incredible demand in activity on-line and in print, we’re looking for someone to join the team here at Farmers Guide.
Working with the existing marketing manager, sales team, editorial team and design studio, you’ll be involved in magazine design, advert creation, promoting our brand, reaching new readers, generating advertising revenue and opening up digital doors.
You’ll be working with different teams as the production process passes, and no two days will be the same.
If you’re up for a challenge, send us your CV and let us know about your experience!
Essential skills required;
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- PC & Mac
Preferable skills required
- Generating E-newsletters
- Social Media posting and reporting
- Creating new opportunities
- Organising events
- SEO writing
- Video editing
- Using a CMS
- Driving licence
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply
Submit an application with a CV, covering letter on how you’d be suited to this position and examples of any relevant experience.
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Email [email protected]