McCormick tractors featured the new X7.690 P6-Drive at the Tillage-Live 2018 event near Dunbar in late September. The new tractor worked with a five-furrow (4+1) Maschio Unico M NSH auto-reset plough – the first time that an example of the Maschio plough range introduced by Opico last year has featured at Tillage-Live.
A 264hp version of the three-model McCormick X8 VT-Drive line-up, which goes to 310hp, was also be present on the stand, which was supported by Scottish Borders dealer Andrew Wight and his brother Garry, AB Wight Engineering, St Boswells.
McCormick X7 P6-Drive
The X7.690 P6-Drive is the most powerful model in an expanded second-generation McCormick X7 Series line-up of six-cylinder tractors, with 206hp for draft work, 225hp for pto/transport applications. The new line-up of five P6-Drive models, which starts with the 151/166hp X7.650 P6-Drive, also features:
- New P6-Drive semi-powershift ZF transmission with increased ratios (30×15 or 54×27 with creep), more powershift steps (6 versus 4) and improved auto-shifting patterns determined by engine load
- Operator-engaged Stop&Action transmission clutch operation through the brake pedals – handy at road junctions and for repeated stop/start applications such as round baling and loader work
- More sophisticated SCR emissions control system with a DOC but still no Diesel Particulates Filter (DPF) for EU Stage IV emissions compliance
- Engine exhaust brake to supplement the service brakes, resulting in reduced wear and lower running costs
- Power boost for pto/transport applications now across all models; and power boost on the top two models is available for static, not just mobile, pto applications
- New semi-active hydraulic cab suspension as an alternative to the mechanical suspension
- Increased functionality for the 12in touch-screen Data Screen Manager display covering headland management, hydraulic valve set-up, cab suspension setting, front hitch/pto set-up and loader joystick configuration
- Factory-installed ‘GPS-ready’ infrastructure option for Topcon Agriculture precision farming systems
McCormick X7 P6-Drive tractors are available to Efficient specification, with manual spool valves and fewer electronics features, and to Premium specification, with electric spool valves on a seat-mounted console, enhanced electronics features including optional ISOBUS and precision farming systems, and metallic ‘ruby red’ paintwork as standard.
With the exception of the transmission and Stop&Action, the new features above also apply to the 166/181hp and 181/192hp VT-Drive models, which are equipped with a CVT transmission and the Premium specification.