APF 2020, taking place on the 24-26th September, is offering exhibitors a book now -pay later option.
The current Covid-19 crisis affecting all of us is causing significant financial hardship for many businesses with orders drying up, the loss of income, being forced to lay-off staff and having difficulty in paying bills. At such times paying for something over five months away is not a high priority.
APF 2020 is seeking to encourage exhibitors to look forward to the show, book their site and enable them to start planning for the event. To this end they are giving any new exhibitor the opportunity to book now and reserve their site for just £100 + VAT and delay paying the balance until the 1st September, by which time we all hope that the world will have returned to something like normal and businesses are up and running again.
Exhibition Secretary commented “With so many shows being cancelled there is an understandable reluctance by businesses to commit money too far in advance and limited cash flow making this a real problem in any case. Many exhibitors rely on the show season for sales and many of these opportunities have now gone. APF 2020 is still set to take place on the 24-26th September and we want to help exhibitors by encouraging them to book now and extending our normal 30 day terms. We hope this will give confidence to exhibitors and allow them to start planning for APF 2020. Already over 170 exhibitors have booked to exhibit with us this year. We hope that both visitors and exhibitors will relish being released from lockdown and come together to make this a great industry event.”
A bit about the show :
APF 2020 is the leading exhibition for the forestry, woodland, arboriculture, wood fuel and utility sectors in the UK. Over 320 Exhibitors and 22 000 visitors are expected over the three days of the show, where 90% of visitors are trade professionals working in the industry.
It showcases the very latest state of the art machines and technology being used in the industry as well as traditional but still used woodland crafts and horse logging.
The seminar programme features leading figures in the industry speaking on topical issues of the day including plant health, pest and diseases, technology, safety and training, marketing, wood fuel and wood processing.
Over 2000 exhibitor staff and thousands of visitors will bring more than £1million pounds into the local economy during the course of the Exhibition in terms of hotel bookings and meals.
The show features a 2040m demonstration circuit where machines are shown working in a realistic setting and with exhibitors on both sides of the circuit, that is over 2½ miles of working machinery (an estimated £60 million pounds of machinery will be on show).
The following events and competitions will take place at APF 2020 :
- The Husqvarna World 25m Pole Climbing Championships
- The Tilhill Forestry and A W Jenkinson European Chainsaw Carving Competition
- UK Forwarder Driving Competition sponsored by Komatsu
- The UK Open Fencing Competition sponsored by McVeigh Parker
- Bio Security, Bio energy, wood fuel and tree health seminars
- Seminars and advice on forestry education, training and careers
- The Tree Worker with practical demos and workshops on Arb related topics
- The Forest Worker Zone with drop-in sessions on subjects affecting the forest worker
- The World ‘Log to leg’ pole lathe turning championships
- Fencing in the 21st Century demonstrations
- Extensive traditional woodland crafts area with many have-a-go opportunities
- Horse Logging
- Technical updates & seminars